Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner Course 1
You are brand new to rope, but you know you are interested, maybe even excited? Well, you found the right place to start.
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $200 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100
Instructors: Shosty9 and athena
When: Saturdays 2-4pm 8/21, 8/28, 9/4, 9/11
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well be able to learn other floor based topics in outside classes.
By the end of Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
1. Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
2. Perform at least three different types of rope safety check, in appropriate situations
3. Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
4. Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
5. Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
6. Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
7. Tie a double column that won’t collapse
8. Tie a bunny ears arm binder
9. Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
10. Tie a spiral futomomo
11. Understand the purpose and function of frictions
12. Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
2 to 4 - 30' lengths of rope
About our instructors:
Matt has been a part of the Denver rope community since 2018. Having an engineering mind he cares less about the how of rope and more about the why. Breaking patterns down into their core components and understanding their interaction has guided his understanding. This also informs how he teaches, ensuring students gain a functional understanding rather than copying by rote. In addition to interests in rope and rope education, Matt's interests include primal play, knives, and breath play.
Since discovering kink eight years ago, athena has rounded out her vanilla life by exploring power exchange, giggly masochism, and plenty of time in rope. A highly sensitive rope slut with an insatiable appetite for novelty, she has had the pleasure of discovering the many different modalities rope has to offer with trusted and intimate partners.
A consent enthusiast, relational junkie, and liberal feminist killjoy, athena has shared her passion with others by teaching about rope, power dynamics, sexuality, feminism, kink, and personal transformation in cities across the United States.
• All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
• Photo ID is required to be admitted.
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• Masks are required without proof of vaccination.
• Masks are optional with proof of vaccination.
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio
• No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class.