You may have noticed that we are gradually opening up the studio. Classes and events will be smaller and distanced, but we are very glad to have you back!
Studio Friction is a rope & aerial centered, non-normative, welcoming, polished and modern environment for learning, exploration, practice, play, and performance. We strive create to a place of safety, trust, freedom, and connection where you can open new awareness, develop mastery, and engage the body, mind, and emotions. Come co-create the future of rope artistry, craft, and play with us.
We have a large, and bold vision for Studio Friction... we see this as the beginning of something new in the Denver community - a place to incubate the future of the art of Kinbaku, play at the intersection of rope and aerial art and create community. We are consciously creating a culture of inclusion and openness.
For your health and safety:
• All attendees must register and pay online to reduce exposure for our volunteers at the door
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• All attendees must wear masks in the studio unless tying / scening at a station or hard point and 6' apart from others in the space
• Please bring your own mat and rope, mats and rope will not be available from the studio
• The studio will be disinfected after each event, and commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned during the event
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio
Who are we?
Studio Friction is a 501(c)7 nonprofit social club. All funds collected through membership dues and event entry go straight back into the studio. Our board of directors are Mary, Nate, Tyger, Hannah, and Jonathon. Each person on the board brings something special to the table. From extensive design experience, multiple years of business experience, solid rope experience, and deep knowledge of kink communities throughout Colorado and beyond.
Our programing committee will be holding open forums to listen to the wider community so we can create the events that we all want to participate in.
To help us out by volunteering to help check people in, set up events, work on our social media committee, help with maintenance and building things, please reach out to:
It's a great way to meet people and support your community.
Photos of studio friction
How to Find US