Studio Friction is OPEN
Starting Saturday, August 14, Studio Friction is making both masks and vaccines or testing required for all people in the space. This is to help stem the transmission of the delta variant of COVID-19, and we certainly hope to have a less strict protocol in place soon. Complete policy details can be found in all in-person event descriptions.
Studio Friction is a rope & aerial centered, non-normative, welcoming, polished and modern environment for learning, exploration, practice, play, and performance. We strive to create a place of safety, trust, freedom, and connection where you can open new awareness, develop mastery, and engage the body, mind, and emotions. Come co-create the future of rope artistry, craft, and play with us.
We have a large, and bold vision for Studio Friction... we see this as the beginning of something new in the Denver community - a place to incubate the future of the art of kinbaku, play at the intersection of rope and aerial art and create community. We are consciously creating a culture of inclusion and openness.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY
• All attendees must register and pay online to reduce exposure for our volunteers at the door
• All attendees must sign a COVID waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• Masks required for all while in the space per CDC recommendations
• Proof of vaccination or a negative covid test within 48 hours is required to attend events at the studio
• The studio will be disinfected twice weekly, and commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned during the event
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available throughout the studio
Who we are
Studio Friction is a 501(c)7 nonprofit social club. All funds collected through membership dues and event entry go straight back into the studio. Our board of directors are Hannah, Jonathan, Dani, Kess, Mike, and Nate. Each person on the board brings something special to the table. From extensive design experience, multiple years of business experience, solid rope experience, and deep knowledge of kink communities throughout Colorado and beyond.
Our programing committee will be holding open forums to listen to the wider community so we can create the events that we all want to participate in.
To help us out by volunteering to help check people in, set up events, work on our social media committee, help with maintenance and building things, please reach out to:
It's a great way to meet people and support your community plus get great volunteer benefits.
Photos of studio friction
How to Find US