Studio Friction's Self-Tying Rope Bondage Series:
Self Tying 3:
Transitions & Dynamic Self-Suspensions
This self-tying rope bondage class is for those who have some experience self-suspending already and want to take their practice to the next level. This course is the third of a three-part self-tying/suspension series that will take you from never having touched rope before to dynamic self-suspension in the air within 12 weeks. The focus of this course will be transitions and dynamic self-suspensions.
In this class, you will learn:
- Side self-suspensions
- Futomomo self-suspensions
- Transitions in self-suspensions
- Dynamic movements in self-suspensions
This class is for those who have completed the Self Tying 2 course. Students may test into the Self-Tying 3 course if they can show proficiency in tying a suspendable chest harness, hip harness, and load line management. Please contact email@example.com after registering if you need to test into the course.
You must provide your own rope
- When: September 12, 19, 26, and October 10th (note that October 3rd is skipped due to the Tightlines event).
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status. If you're not a member but interested in attending you can purchase a one-month membership for $10. Learn more by clicking here.
- Course price is per individual. Bound members = $100, Tied members = $125, Wrapped members = $150.
Approx. (5) 30' lengths and (2) 15' lengths of rope for harnesses (can be natural or synthetic)
Approx (5) 30' lengths of rope for uplines (must be synthetic)
Hardware for suspending, such as carabiners, a rigging plate, a ring, etc.
Cutting implement, such as safety sheers
Marilyn (she/her, fet: _Marilyn_)
Marilyn first entered the Denver rope community in 2019. After finishing the partnered curriculum in March 2020 (literally the Wednesday before Denver shut down!), Marilyn began self-tying as a way to maintain her rope skills. She quickly fell in love with the playful, energetic, and dynamic nature of it! She is happy to be back in Denver and to be exploring all that rope has to offer again, whether that's tying others, tying herself, or letting others tie her sometimes too.
Marilyn identifies as a queer, polyamorous, kinky switch. She's passionate about relationship anarchy, arguing the semantics of language, and the value of building connections. She's excited to be engaging with the Denver rope community in a new, bigger way through teaching and curriculum development.
Kennedy Be Mine – (they/them, she/her)
Kennedy is queer, kinky and an avid self-suspender! Kennedy took her first rope class at studio friction in 2022 and has been tying ever since. They especially enjoy blending nerdy cosplay with shibari and loves the way rope can make every, body feel amazing.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches your last name listed in your online registration.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with extenuating circumstances.)
- No refunds or credits for missed class sessions.
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.