Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner Course 1
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $125 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $120 per tying pair | TIED Price - $100 | BOUND Price - $90
Instructor: Athena and Matt
When: Sundays 6-7:30, Oct 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th
You are brand new to rope, but you know you are interested, maybe even excited? Well, you found the right place to start.
Description: This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well be able to learn other floor based topics in outside classes.
By the end of Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
- Perform at least three different types of rope safety check, in appropriate situations
- Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
- Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
- Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
- Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
- Tie a double column that won’t collapse
- Tie a bunny ears arm binder
- Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
- Tie a spiral futomomo
- Understand the purpose and function of frictions
- Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
Gear Requirements: 2 to 4 - 30' lengths of rope
About the instructors:
Matt / @Shosty9
Matt has been part of the Denver kink and rope communities for over a year. He is a top whose focus is connection with partners. He also enjoys getting maximal effect from simple implements. Interests include rope, primal play, and knifes. Major teachers are @CreativeMayhem and @Strawberrypulp.
Athena / ghost_sonata
Since discovering kink six years ago, athena has rounded out her vanilla life by exploring power exchange, giggly masochism, and plenty of time in rope. A highly sensitive rope slut with an insatiable appetite for novelty, she has had the pleasure of discovering the many different modalities rope has to offer with trusted and intimate partners.
A consent enthusiast, relational junkie, and liberal feminist killjoy, athena has shared her passion with others while teaching about rope, power dynamics, sexuality, feminism, kink, and personal transformation in many cities across the United States.
For our friends safety and health:
• All attendees must register and pay online to reduce exposure for our volunteers at the door
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• All attendees must wear masks in the studio unless tying / scening at a station or hard point and 6' apart from others in the space
• Please bring your own mat and rope, mats and rope will not be available from the studio
• The studio will be disinfected after each event, and commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned during the event
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio