Access and Accommodations for Those with Disabilities
Studio Friction strives to be a welcoming and inclusive space for all. We are continuing to work to make the space accessible, and will provide reasonable accommodations whenever possible to those with disabilities to participate in studio activities. For disability accommodations please email email@example.com as soon as possible to request accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some disability needs. Please indicate your needs in the email and how you would like to be contacted.
Studio Friction is located at 740 Lipan Street.
- Studio Friction has a reserved disabled parking spot in the back of the building, close to the back door for admittance to the studio without having to climb steps. For security reasons, we usually keep the back door locked. We will have an event volunteer unlock the door prior to the event if we know ahead of time that you will be attending.
- We have gender neutral bathrooms with an adapted toilet on the lower level.
- The studio has plenty of comfortable chairs with good back support or pillows for added support, as well as sturdy folding chairs. We can have tables set out for eating or taking notes as needed.
- There is a refrigerator on site for anyone to store food, beverages, and medication.
- The venue does not sell alcohol, but some events permit folks to bring their own, so alcohol may be present.
- The studio has controlled dimmable lighting that can be adjusted for brightness or avoid flickering. Some play parties may include strobe lighting or smoke machines.
- Studio Friction has a controlled sound system with volume that can be adjusted.
- The front lobby can be used as a quiet breakout space when needed.
- Studio Friction has live transcript capability for online zoom classes.
- The studio has available outlets for plugging in or charging electronics or medical devices.
- Unobstructed and close up seating can be accommodated for presented events for those who may be hearing impaired.
- A staff member can reserve and help set up a hard point station to accommodate different needs, and can make a point higher or lower (by adding webbing) to accommodate the station as well.