Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series:
Mondays 6:00-8:00pm. Feb 26, Mar 4th, 11th, & 18th.
Price per tying pair: Bound = $100, Tied = $150, Wrapped = $175
For continuing students from Intermediate 1, we go further into suspension-worthy ties, including two futos, the drum hip harness, and continued refinement of our chest harnesses. We will also continue the development of upline skills, new positions and begin working with transitions.
This class is open to tying pairs who have completed Intermediate 1 or qualify through an evaluation of skills to meet the level of Intermediate 1.
- 6 to 10 8meter or longer lengths of rope
- 3 to 5 load rated carabiners
- a suspension ring
Thomas (he/him, fet: untiedbythomas)
Thomas joined Studio Friction and the Denver Kink community in April of 2022 and has been obsessed ever since. A rope top and self suspender, Thomas has a deep love for all things Shibari, whether that be taking every class possible, learning a new harness for suspensions, or compulsively shopping for new rope. He believes no scene is finished until the last bit of rope is removed, putting extra emphasis on connection, body movement, and intimacy. Recently stepping into the world of teaching, he is so excited to give back to the community that has taught him so much and share all of the education he has absorbed along the way.
Within the kink world, Thomas' interests include: grappling/wrestling, D/S dynamics, CNC play, and is willing to try anything at least 4 times. Outside of kink, Thomas can be found playing guitar, reading, training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, playing board games, walking his 2 dogs, and writing code. Thomas identifies as a cis, poly, het, white male and is constantly curious about human experiences different than his own.
Marilyn (she/her, fet: _Marilyn_)
Marilyn first entered the Denver rope community in 2019. After finishing the partnered curriculum in March 2020 (literally the Wednesday before Denver shut down!), Marilyn began self-tying as a way to maintain her rope skills. She quickly fell in love with the playful, energetic, and dynamic nature of it! She is happy to be back in Denver and to be exploring all that rope has to offer again, whether that's tying others, tying herself, or letting others tie her sometimes too.
Marilyn identifies as a queer, polyamorous, kinky switch. She's passionate about relationship anarchy, arguing the semantics of language, and the value of building connections. She's excited to be engaging with the Denver rope community in a new, bigger way through teaching and curriculum development.
Amanda (she/her, fet: clumsyslut)
Amanda is a queer woman with a passion for both teaching and performing in rope. She entered the Denver rope scene in early 2017, as a bottom with zero intention of becoming a rigger. She soon realized that understanding how the ties work would enhance her capabilities as a bottom and improve communication with the people who tied her, so she dove into learning self-suspension. While Amanda occasionally ties others, she has a strong love of the challenge and sense of empowerment she gets as the person in the rope. As an instructor, Amanda is driven by a genuine passion for helping others discover their "why," empowering fellow bottoms, and fostering an atmosphere where ALL people who are interested in rope feel valued and celebrated, not just included.
Outside of rope, Amanda is a mental health professional, mountain-lover, and mom to two “grumpy old lady” cats. She loves coffee, being small, and snuggling with her husband (MumbleTie) and friends. Introverted, but willing to discuss cats, rope, and bad jokes.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status. If you're not a member but interested in attending you can purchase a one-month membership for $10. Learn more by clicking here.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances.)
- No refunds or credits for missed class sessions.
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.