Studio Friction Rope Intensive:
How to Suck Better at Rope
Price per pair:
BOUND Members $20 |TIED Members $30 | WRAPPED Members $40
Price per person:
BOUND Members $10 |TIED Members $15 | WRAPPED Members $20
When: Saturday, September 30 11AM-2PM
How to suck better at rope: A class for tops & bottoms.
-This class is based on the concept that mastery of any skill may only be achieved with a willingness to try (or tie) and fail over and over and over. Fun opener, right!? But seriously, hear me out! I won’t list all the reasons I’m qualified to teach this, but let’s just say, I value trying more than not failing. In this class, I’ll share a multitude of tips and tricks I use in rope and in life to enhance joy/connection, decrease judgement/doubt, and have grace and ease with all the inevitable big and little “failures” along the way. To paraphrase Caroline Mchugh in her Ted Talk, The Art of Being Yourself, “Don’t fake it till you make it, fake it till you become it!”
-Class format: Demo/Discussion/Allotted time for class to tie
-Class will likely teach w/ a partner if possible, but is curated to be accessible to self-tiers/partnered tiers alike
Required Pre-requisites & Equipment:
- Comfortable and smooth tying a non-collapsing single column of your choice
- 4 to 6 30’ lengths of rope and safety shears
- Completion of a Studio Friction Beginner Intensive or Beginner 1.
- Initial familiarity with various frictions
- Smooth tying of a non-collapsing double column of your choice
- Ability to tie at least one harness of your choice without additional instruction on the pattern. This could include a 2-rope TK, arms-free harness, hip harness, etc. (Note: we will not be covering the patterns of harnesses in this class)
About our instructors:
Air is a queer non-binary neurospicy poly switchy shaninstigator of magnitude (yes, all the things). They joined the public bdsm scene in 2016, with a primary focus in Japanese style rope bondage. As an avid self-tier, rigger, and rope bottom, Air has worked with a multitude of highly skilled rope/bdsm practitioners over the years and has presented and performed at both national and international level events. Air’s tying style can be described as skillful, creative, precocious, unique, and often hilariously sadistic.
Air’s greatest joy as an instructor is fostering an environment of inclusion, non-judgement, & possibility, while meeting folks exactly where they are on their magical kink journey. In Air’s classes you will learn new skills, be encouraged to think outside of the box, gain confidence & self awareness, and likely engage in a copious amount of laughter. Air’s skill, enthusiasm, and genuine delight for all things *rope & connection* is inspiring and quite contagious.
Important Registration Information:
- All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
- Photo ID is required to be admitted.
- You must be 19 years of age or older to attend Studio Friction events.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact us for extenuating circumstances).