Studio Friction Rope Intensive
Start Here: Foundations of Rope
COST per Tying Pair: WRAPPED Members - $80 | Tied Members - $60| Bound Members - $40
If you're not a member but interested in attending, consider joining us. Membership starts at $10 per month non-recurring. Learn more by clicking here.
Are you new to rope, interested, & excited to jump in? But you don't have time to commit 4 weeks of rope classes? Then this is the intensive for you with lots of great content in just 1 day.
- When: Saturday, June 17th from 10-5pm. Morning session from 10-1pm. Lunch from 1-2pm. Afternoon session from 3-5pm.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status. If you're not a member but interested in attending you can purchase a one-month membership for $10. Learn more by clicking here.
- Course price is per tying pair. You must provide your own partner.
- You must provide your own rope (2 to 4 lengths of ~30 feet). Rope is available to purchase from the studio during your first class.
This intensive will orient you to the Studio Friction space and get you started on your rope journey. There will be six hours of tying and plenty of time to answer any burning questions to jump start your rope bondage experience.
The morning session (10am-1pm) will cover discussion & tying.
- Negotiation & safety
- Vetting Potential Partners
- Studio/venue Etiquette
- Setting a scene
- Rope types
The afternoon session (2-5pm) will cover practical tying.
- Beginner rope patterns & foundational techniques
- Single & Double Column
- Bunny ears
- Reverse tension chest harness
- Basic spiral Futomomo
- First rope of a 3 rope TK
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well as be able to learn other floor-based topics in outside classes. Please note that both a partner and rope are required. Rope can be purchased at the studio, as needed.
No experience is necessary to take this class.
Note: Must test out of Beginner 1 with an SF instructor to sign up for Beginner 2.
Equipment: 4 to 6 - 30' lengths of rope
Switchtext is a designer, co-founder and creative director of Studio Friction. He is more interested in sensations and understanding the elements of rope bondage than mastering someone’s specific pattern. Switchtext has been tying for 14 years. He has learned so much in that time and enjoys knowing he has so much more to learn.
Zoe discovered her passion for Shibari a year ago, drawn to its beauty, intimacy, and the profound connection it fosters. Her journey in Shibari has been transformative, teaching her the power of consent, communication, and deep exploration of one's self.
Beyond the ropes, Zoe cherishes the connections she forges with her partners and the kink community. She seeks to share her knowledge and passion through workshops and demonstrations, fostering an environment of exploration.
Important event information:
- A partner is required for all curriculum courses.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances)
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.