Studio Friction's Self-Tying Rope Bondage Series:
Self Tying 1: On the ground
This course is the right place to start.
It is perfect if you are brand new to rope, interested in self tying, & excited jump in!
This self-tying rope bondage class is perfect for those interested in exploring the art of rope bondage on their own! This course is the first of a three-part self-tying/suspension series that will take you from never having touched rope before to dynamic self-suspensions in the air within 12 weeks.
In this first class, you will learn:
- General rope and self-tying specific safety
- Negotiations and consent skills with yourself
- Body awareness and setting boundaries
- Multiple single columns, including non-collapsible options
- Non-collapsible double column
- A hip harness with variations
- Leg tie options, including futomomo and mermaid ties
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced rope enthusiast, this course is a great way to explore the art of rope bondage on your own terms!
You must provide your own rope
- When: Tuesdays 6-8pm. June 13 - July 11 (please note July 4 is skipped due to the holiday)
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status. If you're not a member but interested in attending you can purchase a one-month membership for $10. Learn more by clicking here.
- Course price is per individual. Bound members = $100, Tied members = $125, Wrapped members = $150.
3-5 30' lengths of rope
Cutting implement, such as safety sheers
We will have treated Jute (8m long 6mm diam) for sale at the studio for $25 each
A few other rope sources are: Toronto Kinbaku Salon - https://torontokinbakusalon.com/collections/rope
Anatomie Rope Shop - https://shibaristore.com/
My Nawashi (untreated) https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyNawashi
Rope - Hemp:
Twisted Monk https://www.twistedmonk.com/
Marilyn (she/her, fet: _Marilyn_)
Marilyn first entered the Denver rope community in 2019. After finishing the partnered curriculum in March 2020 (literally the Wednesday before Denver shut down!), Marilyn began self-tying as a way to maintain her rope skills. She quickly fell in love with the playful, energetic, and dynamic nature of it! She is happy to be back in Denver and to be exploring all that rope has to offer again, whether that's tying others, tying herself, or letting others tie her sometimes too.
Marilyn identifies as a queer, polyamorous, kinky switch. She's passionate about relationship anarchy, arguing the semantics of language, and the value of building connections. She's excited to be engaging with the Denver rope community in a new, bigger way through teaching and curriculum development.
Air – 'Perceived Pronouns' or She/They
Air joined the public kink scene in 2016, with a primary focus in Japanese style rope bondage. Over the years, Air has worked with a multitude of highly skilled rope/bdsm practitioners, and soaked in their knowledge like a dirty lil sponge.
As an avid self-tier, rigger, and rope bottom, Air has presented at both national and international level events. Air’s tying style can be described as calculating, attentive, creative, and hilariously sadistic.
Their greatest joy is recognizing untapped potential of their students and fostering an inclusive environment. In Air’s classes you will learn new skills, get inspired to think outside the box, gain confidence, and enjoy a fuck-ton of laughter. Air’s enthusiasm and genuine delight for the experience shows in everything they instruct.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances.)
- No refunds or credits for missed class sessions.
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.
*** NEW*** Studio Friction Curriculum Grants
To minimize the inequities and financial barriers to rope bondage education, and to increase engagement and participation of a diversity of participants, Studio Friction is able to offer one Tuition Grant per 3-course succession of Beginner 1, Beginner 2 and Intermediate 1. This is a 3 course, 3 month series with the goal to educate students from their very first single column knot to their first suspension.
A Wrapped membership - providing discounted access to other Studio Friction events - is included for all grantees. This is a limited opportunity of 6 to 10 grants per year based on Studio Friction curriculum program scheduling availability.
If you would like to apply for a Studio Friction Curriculum Tuition Grant, please read through the Studio Friction Curriculum Course Grant - Qualifications and Application Process. From that page you will find the link to apply.
Applications for this session due by June 6, 2023