Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner course 2
Instructors: Kat and Switchtext
COST per Tying Pair: WRAPPED Members - $150 | Tied Members - $125 | Bound Members - $100
If you're not a member but interested in attending, consider joining us. Membership starts at $10 per month non-recurring. Learn more by clicking here.
June 15th, 22nd, 29th, July 6th
This is meant to be a continuing course after you take Beginner 1.
If you would like to discuss joining this class without taking Beginner 1, please reach out to email@example.com
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well as be able to learn other floor-based topics.
By the end of the Beginner 2 series, students will be able to:
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks to each type of single column
- Build a TK that maintains proper tension and structure
- Learn appropriate suspension hardware
- Tie an effective and sustainable hip harness
- Tie an effective and sustainable arms-free chest harness
- Understand ways to incorporate arms into an arms-free harness
- Gain an initial understanding of a 3-rope TK
Equipment: 4 to 6 - 30' lengths of rope
Kathryn has been a member of the Denver rope community since 2021. Initially captivated by Shibari’s blend of beauty and pain, she has fallen in love with the technical depth and artistry rope offers. She began her journey as a bottom, with a fondness for Futomomo inversions. In 2022, Kathryn decided to delve deeper into Shibari by learning to tie. Since then, she has dedicated herself to honing her skills as a rigger through meticulous attention to detail. Kathryn has a love for flowy, sensual, sweet ties with a dash of meanness sprinkled on top for spice.
Switchtext is a designer, co-founder and creative director of Studio Friction. He is more interested in sensations and understanding the elements of rope bondage than mastering someone’s specific pattern. Switchtext has been tying for 14 years. He has learned so much in that time and enjoys knowing he has so much more to learn.
Important event information:
- A partner is required for all curriculum courses.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with extenuating circumstances)
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.