Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series:
This course is the right place to start.
It is perfect if you are brand new to rope, interested, & excited to jump in!
You must provide your own rope
- When: Mondays 6-8pm. Nov 7-Dec 5
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status. If you're not a member but interested in attending you can purchase a one-month membership for $10. Learn more by clicking here.
- Course price is per tying pair. You must provide your own partner. Costs: Bound members = $100, Tied members = $125, Wrapped members = $150.
(2 to 4 lengths of ~ 30 feet) We will have treated Jute (8m long 6mm diam) for sale at the studio for $25 each
A few other places to look are: Toronto Kinbaku Salon - https://torontokinbakusalon.com/collections/rope
Anatomie Rope Shop - https://shibaristore.com/
My Nawashi (untreated) https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyNawashi
Rope - Hemp:
Twisted Monk https://www.twistedmonk.com/Class Description:
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well as be able to learn other floor-based topics in outside classes. Please note that both a partner and rope are required. Rope can be purchased at the studio, as needed.
By the end of the Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
- Perform at least three different types of rope safety checks in appropriate situations
- Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
- Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
- Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
- Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
- Tie a double-column that won’t collapse
- Tie a bunny ears armbinder
- Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
- Tie a spiral futomomo
- Understand the purpose and function of frictions
- Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
2 to 4 - 30' lengths of rope
Brad (FetLife: MrNeve) is a rope addict, a giggling sadist, and a passionate educator. He began his kink journey in the Nashville, TN area over 10 years ago, where he first found a love for impact play, D/s dynamics, and the curiosity to always try something new. He firmly believes rope is for everybody (and every body). Consent, negotiation, and safer play for newcomers are all topics that he loves. When he isn't tying, you'll find him hiking, cooking, or spending time with his dogs Zero and Nala.
Senna is an avid self suspender, rope switch, and impact switch. A 21 year veteran of the kink community, Senna believes you can not teach unless you continue to learn. She is and will continue to be a student as well as an educator with a passion for helping beginners. Senna puts a heavy focus on radical honesty, open communication, and consent. In real life, she is an author, table top player, board gamer, and hiker. She talks far too much about Star Wars and Tolkien.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances.)
- No refunds or credits for missed class sessions.
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.
*** NEW*** Studio Friction Curriculum Grants
To minimize the inequities and financial barriers to rope bondage education, and to increase engagement and participation of a diversity of participants, Studio Friction is able to offer one Tuition Grant per 3-course succession of Beginner 1, Beginner 2 and Intermediate 1. This is a 3 course, 3 month series with the goal to educate students from their very first single column knot to their first suspension.
A Wrapped membership - providing discounted access to other Studio Friction events - is included for all grantees. This is a limited opportunity of 6 to 10 grants per year based on Studio Friction curriculum program scheduling availability.
If you would like to apply for a Studio Friction Curriculum Tuition Grant, please read through the Studio Friction Curriculum Course Grant - Qualifications and Application Process. From that page you will find the link to apply.
Applications for this session due by February 6, 2023