Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner course 2
Instructors: Marilyn and Thomas
COST per Tying Pair: WRAPPED Members - $150 | Tied Members - $125 | Bound Members - $100
If you're not a member but interested in attending, consider joining us. Membership starts at $15 per month non-recurring. Learn more by clicking here.
Nov 3rd, Nov 10th, Nov 17th, Dec 1st (note that Nov 24th is skipped for Thanksgiving)
This is meant to be a continuing course after you take Beginner 1.
If you would like to discuss joining this class without taking Beginner 1, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well as be able to learn other floor-based topics.
By the end of the Beginner 2 series, students will be able to:
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks to each type of single column
- Build a TK that maintains proper tension and structure
- Learn appropriate suspension hardware
- Tie an effective and sustainable hip harness
- Tie an effective and sustainable arms-free chest harness
- Understand ways to incorporate arms into an arms-free harness
- Gain an initial understanding of a 3-rope TK
Equipment: 4 to 6 - 30' lengths of rope
Thomas (he/him, fet: untiedbythomas)
Thomas joined Studio Friction and the Denver Kink community in April of 2022 and has been obsessed ever since. A rope top and self suspender, Thomas has a deep love for all things Shibari, whether that be taking every class possible, learning a new harness for suspensions, or compulsively shopping for new rope. He believes no scene is finished until the last bit of rope is removed, putting extra emphasis on connection, body movement, and intimacy. Recently stepping into the world of teaching, he is so excited to give back to the community that has taught him so much and share all of the education he has absorbed along the way.
Within the kink world, Thomas' interests include: grappling/wrestling, D/S dynamics, CNC play, and is willing to try anything at least 4 times. Outside of kink, Thomas can be found playing guitar, reading, training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, playing board games, walking his 2 dogs, and writing code. Thomas identifies as a cis, poly, het, white male and is constantly curious about human experiences different than his own.
Marilyn (she/her, fet: _Marilyn_)
Marilyn first entered the Denver rope community in 2019. After finishing the partnered curriculum in March 2020 (literally the Wednesday before Denver shut down!), Marilyn began self-tying as a way to maintain her rope skills. She quickly fell in love with the playful, energetic, and dynamic nature of it! She is happy to be back in Denver and to be exploring all that rope has to offer again, whether that's tying others, tying herself, or letting others tie her sometimes too.
Marilyn identifies as a queer, polyamorous, kinky switch. She's passionate about relationship anarchy, arguing the semantics of language, and the value of building connections. She's excited to be engaging with the Denver rope community in a new, bigger way through teaching and curriculum development.
Important event information:
- A partner is required for all curriculum courses.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances)
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.