Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner course 2
Instructors: Train and Boat
COST per Tying Pair: WRAPPED Members - $150 | Tied Members - $125 | Bound Members - $100
If you're not a member but interested in attending, consider joining us. Membership starts at $15 per month non-recurring. Learn more by clicking here.
Sept 26th, Oct, 3rd, 10th, 24th (note that oct 19th is skipped for a regular event)
This is meant to be a continuing course after you take Beginner 1.
If you would like to discuss joining this class without taking Beginner 1, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well as be able to learn other floor-based topics.
By the end of the Beginner 2 series, students will be able to:
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks to each type of single column
- Build a TK that maintains proper tension and structure
- Learn appropriate suspension hardware
- Tie an effective and sustainable hip harness
- Tie an effective and sustainable arms-free chest harness
- Understand ways to incorporate arms into an arms-free harness
- Gain an initial understanding of a 3-rope TK
Equipment: 4 to 6 - 30' lengths of rope
Train has been practicing shibari on and off for the past 5 years and has been a part of the local rope community for the past year and a half. Mostly a top when it comes to rope, he has enjoyed many different styles of shibari from floor play to suspension, minimal to maximal, and is currently focused on improvised floor play and simplifying his ties. He loves teaching and has a passion for destigmatizing kink and making shibari and all forms of kink accessible and approachable for anyone interested. Outside of shibari, he enjoys photography, cooking, and spoiling his dog!
Boat is a neurodivergent queer kinkster. She has been bottoming with, and learning alongside Train in shibari for about 5 years, with a special focus on it in the past year and a half. She loves the communication and trust that rope demands between its users. She also really digs that rope bottoming forces her to practice grounding and letting go of control, two things that will probably be a lifelong practice.
Despite being introverted, she is very happy to be back in community spaces after lock down. Once you get to know her, she becomes very silly and talkative. She is constantly in awe of how kink communities embrace learning, creativity, and diversity.
Boat is currently geeking out on the work of Lady Speech Sankofa, and The Dominance Playbook, by Anton Fulmen. She cares deeply about embracing differences and making conversations about sex, play, beliefs, and our varied internal operating systems more open. She loves hiking, drawing, rollerblading, collaging, and hearing what other folks are passionate about. And of course, her pets. And eating Train’s delicious pizzas.
Important event information:
- A partner is required for all curriculum courses.
- Studio friction membership is required to attend curriculum courses to enable us to maintain our 501(c)7 non-profit status.
- It is your responsibility to attend each class session. Course curriculum is typically sequential. Course instructors are not responsible for offering make-up classes or catching students up on missed material. (Note that some instructors will offer private lessons for missed classes.)
- Be on time for class. Instructors are not responsible for waiting for late attendees.
- Masks are not required with proof of vaccination as long as Denver community level remains medium to low. If Denver's level goes back up to high - we will require masks for all members, per CDC recommendation. Masks are always required for unvaccinated individuals.
- Registration & payment required in advance.
- Bring a photo ID that matches the name listed in your online registration for admittance.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact email@example.com with extenuating circumstances)
- You must be at least 19 years old to attend events at Studio Friction.