Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Cost/Tying Pair: WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100 | Non-members must purchase a Wrapped Membership ($50) to join this course
Instructors: Pixie and GoodFoxy
When: Thursdays 7-9 pm 5/26, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23 (note skipped week)
As we start learning the technicalities of rope bondage, it can be all too easy to think more about the pattern than the person that we're tying. But ultimately most us tie to have fun, promote emotions, feelings, and connection. Connective techniques can be taught just as patterns can - and that's exactly what this series aims to do.
By the end of this series on Creating Connection, students will be able to:
- Include connection techniques in negotiations.
- Include both rope and non-rope techniques for connection.
- Tie the same structure with distinctly different feelings.
- Riggers will learn to read bottoms. Bottoms will learn how to give productive feedback.
- Use key techniques to improve rope handling and create your own patternless ties.
- Add "spice" to any tie through the little details of tying toes, feet, legs, diaphragm, face, and hair.
- Begin exploration into semenawa and intention pain in rope
- Ultimately have rope scenes that emphasize connection for both partners
- Comfortable and smooth tying a non-collapsing single and double column of your choice
- Ability to tie at least one harness of your choice without additional instruction on the pattern. This could include a 2-rope TK, arms-free harness, hip harness, etc. (Note: we will not be covering the patterns of harnesses in this class)
- Initial familiarity with various frictions
- 4 to 6 30’ lengths of rope
- This class is meant to be taken anytime after Beginner 1.
About our instructors:
Pixie - @P1X13
p1x13 (pronounced pixie) has been getting tied, tying herself, and tying others for the past 7 years. She was previously a community leader in St. Louis and currently is on the board of directors at Studio Friction. An academic at heart, she always enjoys learning more about rope bondage and other forms of kink. She is drawn towards the flexibility of rope especially for its beauty, pain, strain, challenge, sensation, joy, and, of course, its connection.
GoodFoxy has been in love with shibari for close to three years. She was thankfully introduced to it as a bottom by a friend and tied and learned with that friend for some time before stepping into the rope community via Studio Friction. After taking curriculum classes with the intention of bottoming, GoodFoxy soon found a desire to learn to tie quickly becoming clear. And thus began her journey to learn to tie, to find herself as both a bottom and a top, and to joyfully fall deeper in love with shibari.
Satori333 is a pansexual nerd and masochistic rope bottom who has been active in the rope scene for 2 years. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with new rope bottoms, so they can navigate the scene safely & become a part of the community.
Important Registration Information:
- All attendees must sign a COVID waiver as part of online registration.
- Mask optional with proof of full COVID vaccination (e.g. CDC COVID Vaccination Card - original card, clear photograph or photocopy, CIIS immunization record, myVaccine in the myColorado app). The name on your vaccine documentation must match the name on your photo ID.
- Full vaccination is defined as a minimum of two weeks post 2nd dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- You only have to show your vaccination record once. Feel free to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event if you prefer. We will not be making any copies, just marking that it was checked.
- Members who are not fully vaccinated, are unvaccinated, or do not wish to show proof of vaccination are still welcome at Studio Friction, but will be asked to wear a mask at all times when in the space.
- If you need help finding a vaccine or scheduling a vaccine appointment, please reach out to email@example.com, and we will do our best to help you.
- Hand and surface sanitizer will be available throughout the studio