Intention and Connection in Rope
When: Saturday January 22, 2022 11 AM-1 PM
Where: Studio Friction
Pay what you can: $10, $15, $20 (per person), Free for BOUND members
It is often said: “Rope is about connection.” But what does that really mean? This is a class about how to set and communicate intention. This allows you to better define and succeed in building the connection you and your partner want in and out of rope. In this class we will talk about the lifecycle of a connective rope scene from a Top’s, bottom’s and self tier’s perspective. As you probably guessed, it all starts with the negotiation; We’ll cover questions you can ask and what to do with some of the answers you might receive. We will cover the basic mechanics and safety of having a floor rope scene where all you need are some humans and a hank of rope. We will demo and lab how to touch bodies with rope (and communicate about how we like to be touched) given different intentions (e.g., sadistic, sensual, technical, professional, sexy-time, D/s, humor). Also, we will cover some rope specific erogenous zones and pressure points so you can more effectively communicate sadistic, sensual, and D/s intention with rope. Experienced riggers and bottoms will walk out of this class with tips to make your next rope scene even hotter. Folks new to rope will leave with the skills they need to have a connective rope scene.
Details: Bring a piece of rope if you have one (I will have some loaners). No prior rope experience is necessary but knowing how to tie a single column is super helpful.
Please note: all physical safety recommendations covered in this class have been vetted by a medical professional and/or several more experienced rope Tops or bottoms.
About the Instructor:
Mx Bliss (she/they) is a joyful sadomasochist, sensation empath, consent enthusiast, rope switch, self suspender, and lifestyle quinkster (queer kinkster). Bliss is having the time of their life learning about and connecting in rope and is eager to share the joy. She co-facilitates AlternaRope, a celebration of diversity in rope. She also volunteers for a Portland-based Consent Collective, Care PDX. Both in vanilla and kink worlds, MxBliss frequently presents on connection, negotiation, and diversity/equity/inclusion.
Important Registration Information:
- All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
- Photo ID is required to be admitted and must match the name listed in your online registration. You must be at least 19 years of age to attend Studio Friction events.
- No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact us for extenuating circumstances).
- All attendees must sign a COVID waiver as part of online registration and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check.
- Masks required for all attendees at Studio Friction, regardless of vaccination status.
- All attendees must provide either:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or
- Results of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the event you are attending.
- Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available throughout the studio.