Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $200 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100
Instructors: Pixie and Satori333
When: Thursdays 7-9 pm 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3
As we start learning the technicalities of rope bondage, it can be all too easy to think more about the pattern than the person that we're tying. But ultimately most us tie to have fun, promote emotions, feelings, and connection. Connective techniques can be taught just as patterns can - and that's exactly what this series aims to do.
By the end of this series on Creating Connection, students will be able to:
1. Include connection techniques in negotiations.
2. Include both rope and non-rope techniques for connection.
3. Tie the same structure with distinctly different feelings.
4. Riggers will learn to read bottoms. Bottoms will learn how to give productive feedback.
5. Use key techniques to improve rope handling and create your own patternless ties.
6. Add "spice" to any tie through the little details of tying toes, feet, legs, diaphragm, face, and hair.
7. Begin exploration into semenawa and intention pain in rope
8. Ultimately have rope scenes that emphasize connection for both partners
- Comfortable and smooth tying a non-collapsing single and double column of your choice
- Ability to tie at least one harness of your choice without additional instruction on the pattern. This could include a 2-rope TK, arms-free harness, hip harness, etc. (Note: we will not be covering the patterns of harnesses in this class)
- Initial familiarity with various frictions
- 4 to 6 30’ lengths of rope
- This class is meant to be taken anytime after Beginner 1.
About our instructors:
Pixie - @P1X13
p1x13 (pronounced pixie) has been getting tied, tying herself, and tying others for the past 7 years. She was previously a community leader in St. Louis and currently is on the board of directors at Studio Friction. An academic at heart, she always enjoys learning more about rope bondage and other forms of kink. She is drawn towards the flexibility of rope especially for its beauty, pain, strain, challenge, sensation, joy, and, of course, its connection.
Satori333 is a pansexual nerd and masochistic rope bottom who has been active in the rope scene for 2 years. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with new rope bottoms, so they can navigate the scene safely & become a part of the community.
Important Registration Information:
All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
Photo ID is required to be admitted.
All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
Masks are required for all attendees at Studio Friction, regardless of vaccination status.
All attendees must provide either:
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or
Results of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the event you are attending (for curriculum classes, that would mean a weekly test)*
Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available throughout the studio
No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact us for extenuating circumstances).
*The name on your COVID vaccine or test documentation must match the name on your ID.