Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner Course 1
You are brand new to rope, but you know you are interested, maybe even excited? Well, you found the right place to start.
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $200 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100
Instructors: TheDude and BetwixtBlushes
When: Sundays 5-7 pm 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well be able to learn other floor based topics in outside classes.
By the end of Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
1. Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
2. Perform at least three different types of rope safety check, in appropriate situations
3. Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
4. Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
5. Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
6. Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
7. Tie a double column that won’t collapse
8. Tie a bunny ears arm binder
9. Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
10. Tie a spiral futomomo
11. Understand the purpose and function of frictions
12. Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
2 to 4 - 30' lengths of rope
About our instructors:
TheDude has been tying for... a long time. Thanks to the opportunities provided by Denver Rope Bite and Studio Friction's efforts, he has had some amazing opportunities to learn from presenters around the globe. Pre-Covid he could often be found at parties and events having fun scenes, teaching and occasionally performing. These days he is focusing on play at home but still trying to build community through smaller, more focused, educational opportunities.
BetwixtBlushes is another Denver scene regular. She was mostly excited by the prospect to get in the air multiple times...just to shake off the rust. But really, she is looking forward to discussing communication, processing, and other skills with everyone.
Important Registration Information:
All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
Photo ID is required to be admitted.
All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
Masks are required for all attendees at Studio Friction, regardless of vaccination status.
All attendees must provide either:
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or
Results of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the event you are attending (for curriculum classes, that would mean a weekly test)*
Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available throughout the studio
No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of event (contact us for extenuating circumstances).
*The name on your COVID vaccine or test documentation must match the name on your ID.