Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner Course 1
You are brand new to rope, but you know you are interested, maybe even excited? Well, you found the right place to start.
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $200 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100
Instructors: Switchtext and Goddess_Sphinx
When: Thursdays 7-9 pm 8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well be able to learn other floor based topics in outside classes.
By the end of Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
1. Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
2. Perform at least three different types of rope safety check, in appropriate situations
3. Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
4. Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
5. Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
6. Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
7. Tie a double column that won’t collapse
8. Tie a bunny ears arm binder
9. Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
10. Tie a spiral futomomo
11. Understand the purpose and function of frictions
12. Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
2 to 4 - 30' lengths of rope
About our instructors:
Switchtext is a designer and a co-founder and creative director of Studio Friction. He is more interested in sensations and understanding the elements of rope bondage than mastering someone’s specific pattern. Switchtext has been tying for 14 years. He has learned so much in that time and enjoys knowing he has so much more to learn.
Goddess_Sphinx (She, Her)
Goddess_Sphinx is an eclectic kinkster who maintains a deep love affair with rope bondage. She loves rope for the breadth of experiences she can have with it and bring to others. She strives to bring a deep presence and enthusiasm to each moment and enjoys seeking out new experiences. A fan of bondage and power dynamics, she brings to the table a strong knowledge of how bodies and minds work. Goddess_Sphinx continues to work towards achieving integration of her kinky self and revels in her journey.
• All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
• Photo ID is required to be admitted.
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• Masks are required without proof of vaccination.
• Masks are optional with proof of vaccination.
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio
• No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class.