Studio Friction's Rope Bondage Series
Beginner Course 1
You are brand new to rope, but you know you are interested, maybe even excited? Well, you found the right place to start.
Cost/Tying Pair: New Member Price* - $200 per tying pair | WRAPPED Member Price** - $150 per tying pair | TIED Price - $125 | BOUND Price - $100
Instructors: KessKahlo and Mx_Mia_More
When: Sundays 4-6 pm 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1
This series is meant to give you the basics to step into using rope bondage at home safely, as well be able to learn other floor based topics in outside classes.
By the end of Beginner 1 series, students will be able to:
1. Identify the benefits and drawbacks to various types of rope
2. Perform at least three different types of rope safety check, in appropriate situations
3. Confidently negotiate with new and existing partners
4. Seek and respect consent for sexual and non-sexual play activities
5. Tie a Somerville Bowline single column tie that will not collapse
6. Tie a reverse tension chest harness with appropriate tension
7. Tie a double column that won’t collapse
8. Tie a bunny ears arm binder
9. Gain an initial understanding of shoulder mobility
10. Tie a spiral futomomo
11. Understand the purpose and function of frictions
12. Gain an initial understanding of a 2-rope TK
2 to 4 - 30' lengths of good rope for bondage
About the instructors:
Kess (she/they) is a sadistic rope switch and queer social science nerd who has been active in the local community since 2014, and tying for about 6 years. She is passionate about accessible rope education and giving back to the community. Approaching her rope practice and classes from a place of authenticity, she strives to meet her students where they are at.
Kess has been organizing rope education events, including Rope in the Rockies, in Denver for several years. She currently sits on the Board of Directors for Studio Friction, where she facilitates programming and consent education (among other things). You’ll also see her volunteering at the Denver Sanctuary’s Gateway event, helping to make new community members feel welcome as they begin their kink journeys.
Mia More (she/they) is a gender-bending rope switch, and self-suspender who experiences BDSM as a diverse tool for self-exploration and creative expression. For the past six years, they have been publicly involved in Kink/BDSM as a community member, and in more recent years as an educator and event producer. As an educator, Mia encourages participation and interactive demonstrations so students can build skills that are imbued with their own personal imagination and authentic personality. Much like her gender expression and identity, they consider their rope style as chaotic. Their journey in rope started as a bottom. They decided to take a break from playing with others but still loved the community and the feeling of being in rope so they started to self tie/suspend. More recently they have been topping others both in and out of rope but still enjoy the fun and challenges that come along with bottoming. They have taught at the Easter conference in Berlin, Studio Friction, Denver Rope Bite, and Unabashed Queer Kink Con events.
• All attendees must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door.
• Photo ID is required to be admitted.
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• Masks are required without proof of vaccination.
• Masks are optional with proof of vaccination.
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio
• No refunds or credits on cancellations within 24 hours of the first class.