Cost: $20/pair for BOUND and TIED members - $30/pair for WRAPPED members
Note: you must register and pay online, no admittance or registration at the door
Rope Intensive : Intro to Suspension Transitions
with Creative Mayhem
About the class:
This is a 3-hour mini-intensive that will be a combination of lecture and hands on tying. The intended audience is people who are comfortable with the basics of static suspension and are looking to start transitions. We will break down the concepts of rope suspension transitions, discuss safety concerns, and go through a challenging transition sequence in a guided environment.
Riggers must be able to tie a suspension worthy 3 Rope TK or equivalent chest harness, a suspension worthy hip harness with an attachment point in the front, and must be comfortable tying suspension lines. Bottoms must have experience in suspension, preferably with the rigger they are taking the class with. If you are uncertain if you meet these prerequisites, please check with Creative Mayhem ahead of time.
Every tying pair will need about 10-12 lengths of rope in good condition (however many you need for suspension, plus a couple more), suspension point hardware (carabiners, rigging plate, or ring), and a cutting implement. At least one extra carabiner is strongly recommended. An aftercare blanket and/or pillow is optional but nice to have.
About our instructor:
Creative Mayhem (He, Him) has been practicing japanese style rope bondage since 2008, including studying in Japan. He helped found Denver Rope Bite in 2012 and has presented and performed internationally. Some of his personal influences are Osada Steve, Barkas, and the late Yukimura Haruki.
For our friends safety and health:
• All attendees must register and pay online to reduce exposure for our volunteers at the door
• All attendees must sign a covid waiver and submit to a symptom check including a no touch temperature check
• All attendees must wear masks in the studio at all times per the Colorado state mandate
• Please bring your own mat and rope, mats and rope will not be available from the studio
• The studio will be disinfected after each event, and commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned during the event
• Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer will be available thru out the studio